Thursday, March 14, 2013

Limitations



You know what the last thing a kid thinks before he jumps off the roof of his house with a bath towel draped over his shoulders? “I really am a super-hero! I can fly!!” From that moment on, no matter what he encounters in his life, he measures his limitations. He calculates the risk. He looks for success and braces for failure.
I’ve learned the hard way that I have limitations. That’s not a sign of weakness or failure but instead a reminder that I am gloriously and imperfectly human. While I may roll my eyes and wish I could banish those limitations, they play an important role: to remind us that I’m not God.
Know your limitations. Embrace them. Then use them to get to your God-sized dream on.
God can and will accomplish all he wants to do in and through you. Your limitations won’t prevent that. Remember that in your weakness he is strong. Being used by God in his big, big plan can be as exhilarating as roof diving with a bath towel cape!

No comments:

Post a Comment